Want to add your image to one of Wellness Stock Shop's gorgeous iPhone or iPad mockups, but don't use Photoshop?
No sweat. You're not alone and I've gotcha covered. We'll use Canva instead. So, if you don't already have your free design account setup, head to canva.com.
It's okay, I'll wait.
Just FYI, Photoshop is the golden standard for adding images to mockups with precision.
But if you're allergic to Photoshop (because, let's face it - it can be just way too complex), I'm here to show you an easy alternative using that free design tool we all love with a passion (Canva, duh).
In this video, I'll take you step-by-step through how to add your image to an iPhone or iPad mockup screen, using Canva.
(Pssst... this will work on any screen - iPhone, iPad, laptop, desktop...)
With Canva, you'll want to prepare the image you want to place into your screen ahead of time. To do this, it's helpful to know which sizing you should be using. Here's a general guide for our design purposes:
iPhone Screen Size: 750 x 1334px
iPad Screen Size*: 1024 x 1366px
*Note: I scaled the iPad Screen Size down from 2048 x 2732px for our design purposes. The dimensions are the same.
Step-by-step instructions - How to add your photo to an iPhone (or any screen) in Canva:
- Choose your favorite mockup image from the Wellness Stock Shop "Mockup" gallery.
- Choose your desired Canva template design size and upload your chosen mockup image into your design.
- In a new tab, choose "Use Custom Dimensions" to create a new Canva template design for your screen shot. (Size the template according to which screen you're wanting to fit your image into - i.e. 750 x 1334 px for an iPhone screen).
- Upload the image you wish to add to your mockup screen into that new custom-sized template, adjust how desired, download to your computer.
- Now, upload your freshly custom-sized image into your original mockup design, place it over your mockup background and size the image to fit your iPhone/iPad screen.
Pro Tip: When fine-tuning the "rotation" of your photo in Canva, hold down your shift key to make fine adjustments. But, warning: Be sure not to hold down the shift key for other adjustments such as expanding the image as this will cause distortion. (confusing, I know. You'll get the hang of it.)
Why use mockups?
Mockups offer a savvy, eye-catching way to showcase your website, freebie landing page, Instagram feed, Ebook, recipe, or current offering.
Was this helpful? Have any questions?
Please let me know by leaving a comment below. And don't forget to sign up below to receive a hand-selected monthly photo from my stock library of 6,000+ luscious photos!